I am Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and have practiced psychotherapy since 2008. I love my work because I love people and carry deep respect for my clients and their stories. Healing and growth take diligent effort but the fullness and freedom make it worthwhile! Counseling is a gateway to this life-giving process.
My clinical expertise is in the child and adolescent field, in particular: trauma, mood disorders, adjustment issues and eating disorders. That being said, I am adept at working with clients of all ages and am well versed in treating adults with mental health diagnoses, including addiction.
Latest Articles By Sarah Hummel
- Want Children To Pay Attention? Make Their Brains Curious!
- When Someone You Love Is An Alcoholic Or Addict
- What Is Emotional Dysregulation?
- An Introduction To Dialectical Therapy
- Accepting Feedback Even When It Hurts Image
- What Is The Difference Between Self-Esteem And Self-Compassion
- The Power Of Media Imagery
- The Benefits Of True Face-Time
- Social Media: What’s Healthy? What’s Not?
- Building Consequences For Your Children
- Teaching Empathy
- Mindfulness For Reactivity, Putting It Into Practice!
- How Mindfulness Helps Reactivity
- Why Do We Experience Conflict and Anger?
- Understanding Anger