Katie Tyrrell, LPCC
My name is Katie Tyrrell, LPCC. I am a Minnesota girl, born and raised. I am a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC). I earned my Masters in Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Walden University in 2014. I completed my Bachelor's Degrees in Sociology and Business Administration at Minnesota State University Moorhead.
My passion for helping people started in high school while working at a group home and then continued while working as an ABA therapist for children with Autism. I have training in Experiential Play Therapy, Sandtray Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EMDR and Somatic Experiencing. My true passion is helping people process the trauma stored in their nervous system. The power the body has to heal trauma is incredible. I work with people with PTSD, anxiety, personality disorders, addiction issues and phase of life issues.
I am also a writer and development coach helping people find their passions and set intentions to achieve their dreams.
License: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
License State: Minnesota
License Number: 1512
License Date Received: 2017
Latest Articles By Katie Tyrrell, LPCC
- 10 Surprising Ways To Calm An Anxious Child
- Why Therapy Fails Most Teenagers
- Why Is It Important To Have Personal Boundaries?
- 15 Ways To Build A Growth Mindset
- How Do You Know If You Need Therapy?
- Rethinking The Way We Look At Stress
- What You Can Do When You Are Blindsided By Anxiety
- How To Redefine Your Relationship With Anxiety
- Success Through Mind-Body Connection
- 5 Common Misconceptions About Trauma
- Trauma Survivors And Addiction